RONALD MCDONALD CARE MOBILE
Providing access to health care where children need it most
The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile is a school-based medical clinic operated in partnership with our clinical partner, Children’s Hospital at Erlanger. The Care Mobile travels to several schools in Bradley County and works in conjunction with school nurses in Bradley, Bledsoe, Grundy, Meigs and Sequatchie counties, as well as Cleveland City Schools, to provide advanced-level medical care and health education to students. The Care Mobile Program helps to alleviate any barriers parents face to provide their children with excellent health care.
The Chattanooga Care Mobile is the first program in the worldwide RMHC Care Mobile fleet to add telemedicine to its program. Telemedicine is the use of the latest in technology which allows the Nurse Practitioner on the Care Mobile to complete a visit with a sick student remotely. With the assistance of the school nurse who facilitates the hands-on exam and performs lab tests at the direction of the Nurse Practitioner or Pediatrician, telemedicine has saved travel time and lost wages for parents and is bridging the gap in school health.
The Care Mobile:
- Provides medical care for sick children
- Practices the use of telemedicine
- Helps reduce school absenteeism
- Prevents the spread of contagious disease in the classroom
- Connects children who might go untreated to a medical home
- Removes all the barriers parents face when trying to access healthcare for their child