RMHC UPDATE COVID-19
Even if we can't all BE together, we can COME together.
Chattanooga Ronald McDonald House Update:
Ronald McDonald House Charities programs around the world are in various phases of operation depending on the COVID-19 situation in their location. In Chattanooga, our Ronald McDonald House has remained open with the exception of one 14-day period when we had a positive case.
We are operating in Phase 3.5 which is as close to normal as is being allowed by our global organization at present. This phase allows us to intake families on a once-a-week basis, and families must agree to follow self-quarantine guidelines which means only traveling between the House and the hospital. In addition, our former Adopt-A-Meal and volunteer programs continue to be paused to prevent any unintended contamination to the families we serve or to our volunteers. All food is pre-packaged, prepared by staff, or catered by a local restaurant. Donations of local restaurant gift cards have been so helpful and continue to top the Wish List.
The Ronald McDonald Family Room inside Children’s Hospital remains closed at the request of hospital administration. Snack bags of food and toiletries are being made available to inpatient families on a weekly basis.
Ways You Can Help:
In these unprecedented times, it is more important than ever to get help with providing meals. Therefore, we are calling on our community to help cover the cost to provide dinner for our families, since our former Adopt-A-Meal program is currently suspended. According to our guidelines, we are unable to accept already prepared meals. Exceptions include meals that are prepared in commercial kitchens.
Help support families staying at the House:
- Provide local restaurant gift cards so that meals can be easily ordered & delivered.
- Give the gift of helping provide a meal one night for 25-30 people staying at the House. Please contact Tonya West about these donation(s) specifically or if you are interested in donating a meal. Our needs may change day-to-day.
- Donate from the FILL THE 5 wish list items of the month. Pick up and drop off from a store of your choice OR shop online easily at our Amazon Charity List &/or Target Wish List.
- Click DONATE NOW to give a gift to help with these needs.
Donation Drop off:
Drop off time(s): Monday-Sunday | 10 AM – 8 PM
Please follow the guidelines listed below when you drop off a donation. The directions provided are put in place to ensure all precautionary steps are taken for our families safety!
PLEASE follow the directions below:
- CALL – 423.834.4540
- STAY IN YOUR CAR!
- An associate will come out to your car to get the donation.
Make an online contribution. Our secure, online donation link below allows you to make a gift to any of our important programs that serve families.
Mail your gift. Contributions can be mailed to:
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga
200 Central Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37403
For more information regarding your donation, please contact us at 423.778.4300.